Occasionally we have models ask if they may bring a chaperone to the shoot. Unlike a lot of other photographers, we are generally fairly welcoming to chaperones.
However we do have some important conditions. Firstly we would prefer it not to be your boyfriend please. Boyfriends tend to get bored and want attention. Remember, our role is to photograph the model, not to entertain her chaperone. We also must insist on knowing who your chaperone is in advance. You cannot just turn up on the day of the shoot with an unknown chaperone.
Other important conditions…
- The chaperone must be over 18 years old and produce valid photo ID.
- The chaperone must be quiet and orderly, and not interfere with the shoot or equipment.
- The chaperone must not attempt to direct the model.
- All mobile devices must be switched off whilst in the studio area.
- If the chaperone becomes bored or restless, then (s)he must take him/herself for a walk or a drive and return later, in order to avoid disrupting the shoot or distracting the model..
- There is no third party access to the internet in the studio.
- Photographer does not lend computers or any other equipment in order to keep the chaperone entertained.